We are seriously humbled and grateful that you are interested in playing the Nelsonville Music Festival. The growing problem/fortune for the festival is that we have between 4,000 – 5,000 bands submitting to play in a total of 60 – 70 available time slots. We really are grateful for this problem and wish we could have a festival that allows everyone to play, but that’s obviously not realistic. So, in an attempt to save you and our small staff significant time and energy, we want you to understand that we have rarely hired any bands that we weren’t familiar with to begin with. In other words, random submissions are NOT likely to get asked to play. We really want you to seriously consider that last sentence.
With that, if you are still convinced that your band is the ‘perfect’ fit for NMF, please honestly answer the following questions before submitting.
1. Do at least 50 – 100 people regularly come to your show in your hometown?
2. Have you played more than 50 shows outside of your hometown?
3. Have you played in more than 4 different states?
4. Do you have a booking agent?
5. Have you volunteered for a charitable organization in your community in the last year?
6. Have you ever attended the Nelsonville Music Festival?
7. Do you love both Black Sabbath and Hank Williams Sr.?
If you honestly answered NO to more than five of these questions, you are likely not a good fit for NMF and it is extremely unlikely that you will be invited to perform.
If, after all of this, you still feel like you are a ‘perfect’ fit for NMF, please send us a hard copy of your latest vinyl record, CD or cassette along with $15 (check or money order) to:
Nelsonville Music Festival
PO Box 217
Nelsonville, OH 45764
The $15 will be used to offset the cost of our zero waste and arts education programs at NMF.
We promise to listen to every hard copy submission that is mailed to us that includes the $15 submission fee. We must receive your submission by March 15, 2018.