We at NMF continue to be humbled and grateful that you are interested in participating in our festival. The growing problem/fortune for the festival is that we have between 4,000 – 5,000 bands submitting to play in a total of 60 – 70 available time slots. In an attempt to save you and our small staff significant time and energy, we want you to understand that we have rarely hired any bands that sent us their music that we weren’t familiar with to begin with. In other words, it is very UNLIKELY that your band will get asked to perform. We really want you to seriously consider that last sentence as we don’t want you to waste your money and valuable time. With that, if you are still convinced that your band is the ‘perfect’ fit for NMF, please honestly ask and answer (to yourself) the following questions before proceeding below.
1. Do at least 50 – 100 people regularly come to your show in your hometown?
2. Have you played more than 50 shows outside of your hometown?
3. Have you played in more than 6 different states?
4. Does your live set consist of at least 80% original music?
5. Have you volunteered for a charitable organization in your community in the last year?
6. Have you ever attended the Nelsonville Music Festival?
If you honestly answered NO to more than five of these questions, you are likely not a good fit for NMF and it is extremely unlikely that you will be invited to perform.
If, after all of this, you still feel like you are a ‘perfect’ fit for NMF, please send us a hard copy of your latest vinyl record, CD or cassette along with $20 (check or money order) to:
Nelsonville Music Festival
PO Box 217
Nelsonville, OH 45764
The $20 will be used to offset the cost of our zero waste and arts education programs at NMF.
We promise to listen to every hard copy submission that is mailed to us that includes the $20 submission fee. We must receive your submission by March 15, 2019.